The Algonquin Explorer trip is an ideal way to ease yourself into the wilderness. You will stay at the Algonquin Eco-Lodge, where you are in a wild, natural setting, but still have the comforts of civilization. Things like hot showers, indoor plumbing, and even an outdoor hot tub! And all of these comforts are thanks to our micro-hydro generator that creates all of our electricity from our waterfall. While at the Lodge you can learn your basic canoe strokes, how to start a campfire, and how to howl for wolves!
You stay at the Algonquin Eco-Lodge for three days and nights before you start your Algonquin Park canoe trip of another four days. You will have to drive 1.5 hours to our put-in point, but you have plenty of time and it is a nice way to see more of the Algonquin countryside.
- All Meals (vegetarian options available)
- All Camping Equipment (except personal items)
- Canoes, Life Jackets, Paddles
- 3 days/3 nights at Algonquin Eco-Lodge
- Algonquin Park Wilderness Canoe trip – 4 days/3 nights
- Sleeping Bags, Flashlights, Rain Coat (can be rented)
- Toiletries, Insect Repellent (can be purchased at start of canoe trip)
- Transportation from Toronto (optional)
Click in here for more details and the full itinerary!