Come experience the grandeur of Algonquin Park in one of the most exciting and natural ways possible! Explore the forest trails, the meandering creeks, and the countless lakes while on the back of a majestic horse. This is a great trip for both experienced and novice riders, as guidance and instruction will be given (if needed) as we journey through the wilderness.
Along the way keep a watchful eye for signs of the numerous animals that live in the Park. It is possible to see beaver, white tailed deer, moose, otters, or maybe even a rare glimpse of a wolf in the distance! It is often easier to see animals from horseback because we are travelling in a quiet and natural fashion.
This exciting package includes 3 days/2 nights at Algonquin Eco-Lodge, plus 3 daily horseback rides into the heart of Algonquin Park. You will visit High Falls, the Grand View Lookout, Gut Rapids, cross numerous streams, and follow winding forest trails.
At the end of each day you will return to the cozy comforts of the Eco-Lodge where you can relax on the deck, go for a swim in the private 30-acre lake, take a canoe for paddle, or luxuriate in the wood fired sauna, before you feast on some of the best food in Algonquin Park.
There is also a “Sidekick” package that includes two ½ day trips, plus a full day of leisure. You will ride for about 3 hours and be dropped off by horseback at the Eco-Lodge on the first day, and picked up on horseback for another 3 hour ride on the last day. The full day in between is yours to relax; go for a day trip by canoe, or try fishing at one of several fishing holes. Or, if golf is more to your liking, there is an 18-hole golf course only 10 minutes away by car.
- Meet at South Algonquin Trails horse stables at 1pm.
- Saddle up, get lessons (if needed) and receive an overview of the trip.
- Ride your horse deep into the forests of Algonquin Park, ending the day at Algonquin Eco-Lodge.
- Dinner at Eco-Lodge.
- After breakfast saddle up your horses.
- Ride to Grand View Lookout and cast your gaze over hundreds of square kilometres of Algonquin forest.
- Have a trail lunch.
- Afternoon ride to High Falls, go for a swim or relax by the waters edge.
- BBQ Dinner.
- Sauna (on request).
- Bonfire and Wolf Howl program (by request).
- After breakfast saddle up your horses, and pack your gear.
- Ride out into the forests for another 3-hour trail ride to Gut Rapids (or other destination).
- Return to stables mid-afternoon.
Please note that the above itinerary is a sample only. The actual route and destination of each ride may change due to conditions and/or riders abilities.
- 3 days of guided horseback riding (with instruction as required).
- 2 nights accommodations.
- All meals (from dinner first day to lunch on the last day).
- Use of canoes, sauna, and paddleboats at the Eco-Lodge.
- Bonfire and Wolf Howl program by request.
Please note that the exact route and itinerary may change based on riders’ experience, weather conditions, etc.
We also have 3 hour Trail Rides available for those of you who would like to go horseback riding in Algonquin Park for a shorter time.
For more information visit https://www.algonquinecolodge.com/algonquin-by-horseback-trail-riding-through-algonquin-park/